Wow, today was the first day of the Face to Face with Greatness Seminar. I enjoyed it so much. I am now so jealous of all of the people in Utah that have so much access to all of the TJ Ed seminars and lectures, and the community that they seem to have there. It was a long day, but the time went very quickly. I feel like I was given so much information to process that I just need to let it all soak in for a while and let it process before I can really discuss it in depth. However, here are a few of my first thoughts, and impressions that came to me as I sat there. (Just because these are my thoughts it doesn't mean we necessarily discussed all of these things)
1. The TJ Ed principles work, they are truth and truth never changes
2. You, Not Them is a must therefore,
3. I need to study the classics more and get a great education.
4. My education will impact not only me and my children, but also my grandchild and great-grandchildren.
5. I really came away with a feeling that I need a mentor. I don't know how to do this yet, whether it is through the 5 pillar certification or another way, but I know I need to be pushed. (Is this a sign that I want to move into scholar phase hhhhhmmmmmm.)